Summer Soccer Camp registration
We are pleased to announce our Summer Soccer Camp schedule for 2016. We have three different levels of camps for you to choose from.
1) Striker/Goalkeeper camp is from June 13th-17th and is geared towards the competitive level soccer player who wants to improve in the key area of goal scoring and striking the ball effectively from both short and long range. The goalkeepers will also get specialized training in the core areas of shot stopping, distribution, reaction speed and decision-making. Coaches for this camp are former professional soccer player and striker Alex Lobban and current College goalkeeper from Cal State East Bay Ariel Rosenman. (Places on this camp are limited to 40 players and players must be aged 9 years through 18 years of age on the start date of the camp) $130
2) July 18th - 22nd summer camp is geared towards both Competitive level players and Recreational level players. Players will be grouped by age group as well as ability and coached by our clubs professional coaching staff. Players will improve their passing, shooting, dribbling and defending skills in a positive learning environment focused on fun and education. Groups available for 4-6 years, 7-11y ears and 12-16 years.
3) August 8th - 12th summer camp is geared towards both Competitive level players and Recreational level players. Players will be grouped by age group as well as ability and coached by our clubs professional coaching staff. Players will improve their passing, shooting, dribbling and defending skills in a positive learning environment focused on fun and education. Groups available for 4-6 years, 7-11y ears and 12-16 years.
All camps will take place at the beautiful Benicia Community Park and each camper will receive professional coaching instruction as well as a limited edition camp shirt.
Camps are 9-12p.m but also have full day options and mini camp options available to suit your needs.
Location: Benicia Community Park
Tuition Price: $70-$150 Mini/Half Day/Full Day avaiable.
To register please click the secure link: https://campscui.active.com/orgs/ALSoccerTraining
Questions? E-mal email@example.com
Register now for our Recreational Program
2016 Recreational Program Registration
Parent information ahead of Tryouts: U.S Club Soccer initiatives and changes for 2016-17
U.S Soccer has implemented some key changes to youth soccer in 2016-17. The two key areas being:
1) The move to team selection via Birth Year (Jan-Dec) from Scholastic year (July - August)
2) The move to Small sided game formats: 4v4 U8 , 7 v 7 U9/U10 , 9v 9 U11/U12 and 11 v 11 U13 and up.
All youth soccer clubs will be switching to these formats in 2016-17 and the challenges it brings are discussed on the US Club soccer website.
To find out all the current information please follow this link.
We are also providing some F.A.Qs to assist parents in understanding the new changes.
Further information can be obtained at http://usclubsoccer.org
Benicia Arsenal 05B players selected for PDP training
Two players from our club Niko Ruiz and Mario Moraila have been identified and selcted as two of the top talents in soccer from our region.
The PDP ‘Player Development Program’ is a talent identification program ran by NorCal Premier soccer. The program started last month for players born in 2005 where 120+ players were trying out for 24 places in this years training group.
The Objective of the PDP is to identify, develop, and showcase the top motivated and talented players in Northern California, provide specialized training and games with experienced coaches, and offer opportunities for US National team, International Professional Soccer Clubs, and College exposure. In addition, the PDP seeks to recommend some of its most talented players to attend U.S. Club Soccer’s id2 Player Identification Program Training Camps.
We would like to congratulate Niko, Mario and their families for their outstanding dedication towards soccer practice and representing our club and city so well.
Mario is in his second year with our club and plays as a striker or wide attacking player, he possesses blistering pace and an eye for goal.
Niko joined Benicia Arsenal FC as a 4 year old in our recreational program moving onto join our U9 Arsenal travel team back in 2013. He now plays as a left sided or central attacker with fearsome left footed striking ability and the vision to see the field well beyond his years.
We wish them both well for the future as they continue their love of the game.
Benicia Arsenal FC travel to Las Vegas tournament!
The Benicia Arsenal FC 04 Boys team recently returned from the Las Vegas Downtown Mayors cup. The annual event draws hundreds of teams from across America and internationally for a fun weekend filled with competitive soccer. Benicia Arsenal got off to an impressive start defeating New Mexico Select FC Strikers 6-1 with goals from Mario Moraila, Cade Curtola and Michael Soto. Game 2 saw Arsenal qualify for the semi finals of the tournament with another impressive 6-3 win v PSA Royals Necaxa with goals from Niko Ruiz and Harrison Hubbard. Impressive defensive displays from Owen Sherry, Andrew Penney, Jacob French and Armando Castro alongside tireless midfield play from Kelly Harms and outstanding goalkeeping from Cameron Finch provided plenty of entertainment.
The semi final saw Arsenal up against Northern California number 1 seed De Anza Force 04 Blue. After going down 3-0 at the half time break Arsenal rallied to pull two goals back and set up a frantic finish that saw the team narrowly eliminated at the semi final stage.
The team now moves on to play its final 4 games of the Premier league season and compete in the NorCal State Cup top 32 brackets with a place in the finals up for grabs in January of next year.
Benicia Arsenal FC - Looking for New Coaching talent
Benicia Arsenal FC is a youth soccer club located in Northern California. It derives its name from the history of its home city of Benicia which once housed a military Arsenal on the east side of the city.
The club competes in nationwide tournaments, NorCal Premier League state cup and league play alongside hosting two of its own tournaments each year. We have both boys and girls teams at each age level from Under 8 all the way through to Under 19.
We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic soccer coaches who have previous playing and coaching experience at various levels. We offer coaching education support, a curriculum and Director of Coaching for each coach to perform at their maximum level.
Coaching stipends vary based on qualification, experience and suitability for the role.
Should you have an interest in coaching soccer for our club please submit an e-mail outlining your suitability and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 11th 2015.
Applicants must have:
- Their own vehicle for transport
- Be able to commute to and from Benicia on a daily basis
- Have a US work visa or applicable eligibility to work in the US.
- Be able to coach evenings and weekends
- Previous playing background and/or coaching qualifications specific to soccer.
Please visit our clubs website for further information on our club.
2016 Competitive Team Tryouts Register Now! 2002 through 1998
Please click the link below for 2016 Competitive team tryout information.
Benicia Arsenal F.C Tryouts U15-U19 Birth years 2002 through 1998
Date: Saturday March 12th 2016
Girls 9a.m - 11a.m
Dan Foley Park - Vallejo 1498 N Camino Alto, Vallejo, CA 94589
Register: online at www.beniciasoccer.org by clicking the above link and following instructions
Dear Parents and players,
This season we are holding tryouts for the older age group’s a little earlier on March 12th 2016. We know that many of the players in this age group are still in preparation for State Cup, playing High School soccer (girls) and heading into Spring league.
However, with the new changes coming through from U.S Soccer on the team formation by calendar year Jan-Dec as oppose to scholastic year Aug-July we need to look at forming teams for the new Summer and Fall seasons as soon as possible in order to best prepare for the long term whilst still allowing us to concentrate on the short term.
Following the March 12th Tryout the coaching staff and Director of Coaching will discuss how best to form the new teams for the coming season.That does not automatically mean that all the teams will have numerous changes but it does mean that new players as well as returning players can be assessed in order to make the most competitive teams for our club moving forwards. The aim would be not to disturb teams currently competing and we may elect to hold future tryouts where necessary. If we can form teams for the new season early this will allow us the most preparation time to be successful.
If you should have any questions about the upcoming tryouts, season or teaming process please e-mail email@example.com and speak to Alex Lobban our clubs Director of Coaching. We want to be able to answer any questions and remain clear on the clubs direction throughout this transition.
Benicia Arsenal F.C